November 30, 2017
Digital Account Executive
The Account Executive plays an important role in managing client relationships and internal processes to ensure campaigns are strategic, innovative and on budget. The Account Executive (AE) is the steward of the client relationship and the client’s business needs and interfaces with the client on a daily basis. The AE must be articulate, polished, possess good judgment, have in-depth knowledge about the client’s business and show enthusiasm for the work. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy are a must. Digital-specific experience and expertise required.
- Independent prospecting of opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers.
- Understand each client and their unique business-need in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Successfully meets standards of performance to include weekly submission of 2 high quality CIA’s per week submitted to excelerate Marketing Services team.
- Acts as key client advocate and liaison.
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Project management: ensures projects stay on strategic track and the client is informed as needed for status or issue resolution.
- Gathers all information from client and internal sources to create strategic brief or content update for small projects.
- Keeps client informed of progress, and forwards any issues that must be solved by client. Must be able to maintain proactive and responsive client communications.
- Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably.
- Champion agency process to ensure quality of work.
- Escalates issues or problems when appropriate.
- Monitor competitive activity and collect competitive samples.
- Develop proactive business-building ideas for client and agency.
- Comply with quality standards for the team as set forth by leadership.
- Frequently communicates project updates to the client.
- Attends production status meetings and client status meetings.
- Works with all departments in the agency and must respect process and integration.
- Monitors other activities in agency that affect the projects he/she is handling.
- Writes meeting reports immediately following client or key internal meetings.
- Manages and oversees budgets, and defines metrics and evaluates results.
- Acts as excelerate Representative at agency integration meetings when called upon for a specific project.
- Uses strategic brief and producer’s project scope to brief creatives on a project, always with producer present.
- Communicates schedules and obtain the required approvals from client, per project schedule.
- Consults with appropriate stakeholders and subject-matter experts in the idea development process.
- Consults with internal team before making timing commitments to client.
- Communicates client codes and special budget requirements to PM.
- Collaborates with the media team on the approved plan and units Project Manager.
- Supports client billing.
- Supports opening and managing non-production estimates, as needed (e.g., fees, travel jobs, presentations, etc).
- Collaborates internally to ensure work in progress is strategically and tactically correct.
- Works with client to ensure timely payment.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Attends local networking events to become clear media leader in territory.
- Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline pressures are essential.
- Be familiar with and adhere to agency financial and operating procedures and policy.
- Ability to initiate and define interactive projects internally
- Must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business.
- Able to identify and capture new business revenue.
- Exhibits technical competency, e.g. updating our CRM, creating client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc.
- Researches and provides insight to clients.
- Has deep understanding of local market & competitive landscape.
- Able to operate personal motor vehicle to travel to client office locations.
- Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle customer complaints and customer credit adjustments in a timely manner.
- Ability to determine proper rates and contracts with accounts.
- Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- 4+ years prior advertising account management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and required insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Talk and hear–good eye hand coordination. Requires ability to operate a motor vehicle and move freely in and out of car. The employee must be able to lift up to 10 pounds — lift light packages and boxes sometimes required for advertisers needs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indoor and outdoor working environment; exposure to the elements while outdoors, and/or driving to/from clients. The indoors setting is a climate controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Computer, telephone, fax machine, scanner, copier, calculator, printer, internet software, email and motor vehicle.