July 11, 2016
Digital Account Executive
The Account Executive plays an important role in managing client relationships and internal processes to ensure initiatives are strategic, innovative and on budget. The Account Executive (AE) is the steward of the client relationship and the client’s business needs and interfaces with the client on a daily basis. The AE must be articulate, polished, possess good judgment, have in-depth knowledge about the client’s business and show enthusiasm for the work. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy are a must. Digital-specific experience and expertise required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
New Business + Client Management
- Independent prospecting of opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers.
- Understand client business and products.
- Acts as key client advocate and liaison.
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Should be able to initiate and define interactive projects internally
- Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Project management: ensures projects stay on strategic track and the client is informed as needed for status or issue resolution.
- Gathers all information from client and internal sources to create strategic brief or content update for small projects.
- Keeps client informed of progress, and forwards any issues that must be solved by client. Must be able to maintain proactive and responsive client communications.
- Oversees presentation of creative work to client.
- Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably.
- Champion agency process to ensure quality of work.
- Become familiar with and adhere to agency financial and operating procedures and policy.
- Escalates issues or problems when appropriate.
Business Impact and Awareness
- Must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business.
- Monitor competitive activity and collect competitive samples.
- Develop proactive business-building ideas for client and agency.
- Comply with quality standards for the team as set forth by leadership.
Communication and Integration Skills
- Frequently communicates project updates to the client.
- Attends production status meetings and client status meetings.
- Works with all departments in the agency and must respect process and integration.
- Monitors other activities in agency that affect the projects he/she is handling.
- Writes meeting reports immediately following client or key internal meetings.
- Manages and oversees budgets, and defines metrics and evaluates results.
- Acts as Interactive Representative at agency integration meetings when called upon for a specific project.
- Uses strategic brief and producer’s project scope to brief creatives on a project, always with producer present.
- Communicates schedules and obtain the required approvals from client, per project schedule.
- Consults with appropriate stakeholders and subject-matter experts in the idea development process.
- Consults with internal team before making timing commitments to client.
- Communicates client codes and special budget requirements to PM.
- Collaborates with the media team on the approved plan and units Project Manager.
- Supports client billing.
- Supports opening and managing non-production estimates, as needed (e.g., fees, travel jobs, presentations, etc).
- Collaborates internally to ensure work in progress is strategically and tactically correct.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Bachelor’s degree preferred
3-4 years prior advertising account management experience required.
This person must be highly organized, with a charismatic and varied communication style. Familiar with both online and offline work. Juggles priorities with boundaries on behalf of both the agency and client. Communicates skillfully. Appreciates creative and design aesthetics.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work required of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or competencies. As the needs of our customers change, Herald people will need to be flexible in assuming new responsibilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.