How effective is your marketing? Do you feel like you’re getting the most out of your efforts?
If you feel like your marketing strategy is missing something you’re not alone. According to HubSpot only about 22% of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rate.
Here are five things you can focus on to make your marketing more effective:
- Create content of quality. Content should be the foundation of your marketing strategy. There are differing opinions about what makes great content but above all your content should be authentic. It should stem from your mission or brand story and it should stay consistent across all channels. Quality content is relevant to your customers and it should add value to your brand.
- Set clear intentions. Decide what your intentions are for your marketing efforts and articulate them. All your efforts should be based on a unified strategy. Disjoined messaging leads to messy marketing. Remember that it is easy for people to get confused so keep it simple.
- Measure success. You’ve set your intention; you know what your message and goals are. Now you need to measure whether your efforts are successful. If your goal is brand awareness did you gain followers and increase your social interaction? If your goal is to increase sales make sure you measure sales that are directly tied to the marketing effort. Whether they increase or not adjust your strategy accordingly. What worked? What didn’t? Knowing the answers to these questions is vitally important to the success of your marketing strategy.
- Have a user-friendly website. Good content and a clear marketing strategy won’t help you much if people get to your website and they’re confused. Create special landing pages that match the marketing objective. The landing pages you create will depend on your business and your goals. A special page can introduce visitors to your company solicit newsletter sign-ups provide paths to membership or lead directly into the sales funnel.
- Focus on your message not sales. This may sound counterintuitive until you consider from your own experience how pushy sales techniques can turn people away. Your marketing message should focus on telling your story and helping your customer not on selling your products or services. Instead of trying to reach everyone let your story resonate with customers who share your values.
The best marketing strategies are straightforward; they communicate your brand message; and they make an emotional connection. Striking the right chord with your potential customers can be a challenge. Try the five strategies outlined here to improve your marketing efforts.
If you need help creating and implementing a marketing strategy for your business contact excelerate Digital.